Kaimana Awards & Scholarship Program 2021-22
The HMSA Kaimana Awards & Scholarship Program honors high school seniors and their schools for excellence in academics, athletics, community service, healthy activities, and sportsmanship. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the many changes in the 2021-22 school year, we’re pleased to announce that we have relaxed the requirements to make Kaimana scholarships available to a wider pool of students.
Eligible students must:
- Graduate from a Hawaii high school in 2022.
- Have a 2.75 or higher GPA as determined by their school’s registrar’s office.
- Submit an official transcript with their GPA verified and signed by an authorized member of the school faculty.
- Write a personal statement and an essay about community and well-being.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from school faculty, mentors, or coaches.
- Not mandatory but encouraged: Participation in HHSAA league-sanctioned sports and involvement in community service.