HHSAA COACHING REQUIREMENTSAll head coaches and assistant coaches participating in HHSAA sanctioned events must have completed the following courses from the NFHS Learning Center website (https://nfhslearn.com/):
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching** ($50): One-time certification to be completed within two years of hire.
- NFHS Concussions in Sports (free) or HCAMP Brainspace Concussion Course: To be completed yearly in accordance with state law. Either Concussion Course will satisfy the requirement.
- NFHS Heat Illness Prevention (free): To be completed yearly as mandated by the HHSAA
- NFHS COVID-19 for Coaches and Administrators (free). To be completed yearly as mandated by the HHSAA.
** Coaches that have completed the ASEP Fundamentals in Coaching prior to implementation date of June 30, 2005 are exempt from NFHS certification by grandfathering clause.
ADDITIONAL STATE REQUIREMENTS:
Football coaches are required to complete USA Football Heads Up Football Middle and High School Coach Certification ($10):
- Concussion in Sports
- Heat Illness Prevention
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Blocking and Defeating Blocks, Shoulder Tackling & Equipment Fitting
Cheerleading coaches are required to complete:
- USA Cheer Safety & Risk Management Certification ($75)
- Adopted in 2012
- Credential valid for 4 years
- Annual review of NFHS rules and rule changes presented by HHSAA cheer coordinator (dates TBA)
HAWAII COACHES ASSOCIATION INSURANCE PROGRAM
GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE PROGRAM
As a membership benefit, coverage is provided by the Commercial General Liability Policy issued to the National Organization of Coaches Association Directors. This policy will provide general liability coverage to the Hawaii Coaches Association and its members.
Houston Casualty Company
August 1, 2018 – August 1, 2019
LIMITS OF INSURANCE
Today, most Coaches are involved in some type of sports camp. Please note that our General Liability Program follows insured members while working at camps and/or conducting their own personalcamp.
In addition, Participant/Accident Coverage is required for coaches and/or participants. Should an accident occur during a camp, clinic or event, this secondary coverage helps offset the loss suffered by families affected by such accidents.
NEW PROCEDURE FOR CAMP INSURANCE
(P) 800-566-6479 | (F) 518-792-3426
Disclaimer: This is an insurance overview for summary purposes only; for complete policy terms and conditions please refer to the NOCAD Master Policy.