Kalani High School is seeking a junior varsity baseball head coach and a varsity baseball head coach who will promote and uphold the value of educationally based athletics in a high school setting.
- College degree preferred, with at least three years of experience and a track record of leadership in a successful interscholastic or club program as a head coach, or other significant leadership experience in building and maintaining a successful large school or club program.
- Background in teaching preferred, with experience working with adolescents.
- Substantial knowledge of the game as demonstrated through the development of comprehensive practice plans, offensive and defensive schemes, implementation of offseason expectations for student-athletes, and the implementation of effective and contemporary teaching/coaching practices.
- Knowledge of coaching, including competitions, practices, and strength and fitness conditioning.
- A student-centered philosophy and a commitment to academic integrity with the knowledge and ability to ensure student academic success and a professional demeanor that is supportive of the personal success of each student-athlete.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the value of athletics and competition at the high school level and a track record of successful communication and modeling of these lessons and values to student-athletes.
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to manage rosters, schedules, transportation, team and game schedules, equipment inventory, and facilities.
- Satisfactory criminal history background check.
- Completion of NFHS Coaches Certification and NFHS Concussion Management Certification and NFHS Heat Awareness Certification.
For more information about athletics at Kalani High School visit www.kalaniathletics.com.
Send resume and cover letter to Kalani High School athletic director Greg Van Cantfort at email@example.com or at:
Attn: Greg Van CantfortKalani High School4680 Kalanianaole HighwayHonolulu, Hawaii 96821
All documents must be postmarked/emailed by June 15th to be considered.