Hawaii Sports Officials Hall of Fame Call for NominationsThe Hawaii Sports Officials Hall of Fame (HSOHOF) board of directors announced today asking the public and the officials associations to nominate worthy officials for their first class of inductees. Induction ceremony is scheduled for September 9, 2018.
“We are extremely proud and excited to begin the process to recognize Hawaii’s outstanding sports officials,” said Cal Evans, chairman of the Hall of Fame. “Similar to the outstanding performances of athletes, we feel the contributions of sports officials deserves a worthy place in our culture. They sacrifice their time and energy away from their families to give back to the community from youth to collegiate level sports.”
HSOHOF was founded in 2017 to promote public awareness of officials and their value to sports by recognizing and honoring Hawaii sports officials who have demonstrated the highest level of achievement, character, leadership and skill while contributing to their local official’s association.
Nominees shall meet the following criteria:
- Worked as a sports official while residing in the state of Hawaii.
- Demonstrated a commitment to officiating over a significant period of time.
- Contributed noteworthy service to officiating and to an official’s association.
- Demonstrated a high level of achievement and skill at the level of sport officiated.
- Demonstrated unquestioned character and integrity.
- Avid supporters of the officiating community, who are not officials, may also be considered.
Nomination forms are available on their website: hawaiisportsofficialshalloffame.org or by contacting Cal Evans at email@example.com.
Deadline to submit nominations is Friday, Dec. 1, 2017.
Evans, who is a member of the San Diego sports officials hall of fame as a football official, was a key supporter in the creation of the Hawaii hall of fame.
“In my short time here, I’ve met so many outstanding officials here and I believe these people are just as deserving as my colleagues on the mainland,” Evans said. “I’d like to ask for the support of the community to help recognize these outstanding individuals.”